Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Good News is Not Hard to Find

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/21/milwaukee.rescue/index.html

This story is about an act of kindness that goes beyond heroism. Enjoy!!
.....................................................................
The following story actually happened to me.....
My husband and I were walking in our neighborhood the other night and on our way back we noticed something on the sidewalk. It was small and metallic. I reached down and picked it up to find that it was a rather expensive cellular phone. It was actually a miniature computer in my eyes! I tried to figure out how to use it and couldn't. My husband played with it and finally figured out the email function and tried to figure out the owner's name without actually reading the emails. FINALLY, we lucked out.... the phone rang. However, we couldn't figure out how to answer the phone! It was a very frustrating situation, to say the least. Somehow I managed to accidentally click the right button and I was able to answer the phone. I asked the person on the other line if they were the owner of the phone and they were! He was actually our neighbor who lived just two houses down! We met outside on the sidewalk where I found the phone in the first place and the look on his face was priceless!! He appreciated us being honest and expedient in getting the phone back to him. He was a teenager and he said that his parents would have killed him if he lost the phone. We were happy to have found the owner of the phone and feel confident that he would have done the same for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment